Well grown shiny hair that appears so lively on our head is nothing but a collection of dead cell layers. Hair has such a significant contribution in the looks and appearance of the individual that it derives maximum care and attention both from men and women. Hair falls naturally after attaining a certain length and the number of follicles present all over our scalp continuously work in growing new strands of hair. So the live part of the hair lies in the follicles and one should give proper stress in providing the due nutrition to the follicles apart from external applications. If the blood circulation in the follicles are hampered due to any reason hair falls at a greater pace than its growth often leading to bald patches and alopecia in men and thinning of tresses in women.
Causes of Hair Fall
Several internal disorders are mainly responsible for this condition that can be summarized as follows
1. Deficiency of nutrients and Vitamins like Vitamin B, C, Folic acid.
2. Prolonged suffering from serious illness.
3. Certain drugs and medications.
4. Under activity of thyroid glands.
5. Post pregnancy hormonal changes.
Herbs to Prevent Hair Fall and Baldness
Herbs have provided excellent remedies in treating this problem since ages that is evident in Ayurvedic treatments. Even now-a-days herbal remedies are equally popular as these are safe and are without any side effects.
1. The commonly grown herb Aloe Vera helps in maintaining the pH balance of the scalp and acts as a good conditioner. It is also very effective in preventing Alopecia.
2. Sea weeds or algae extract are rich in minerals, vitamins and amino acids that stimulates the follicles aiding in hair growth.
3. Chanelled Wrack which is derived from sea weeds are rich in isoflavones, the antioxidants which helps in revitalizing the scalp.
4. The herb Gingko Biloba helps in the blood circulation of brain and skin that provides sufficient nutrition to the follicles.
5. Catechins present in Green tea helps in preventing the baldness in men.
6. The herb horsetail is rich in silica that helps in repairing the connective tissues and provides the strength and luster to the hair.
7. The herb Saw palmetto is very popular in treating baldness in men and also reduces the hair fall.
8. Application of the essential oils of rosemary, lavender, cedar wood, birch, Murdock on the scalp and massaging gently helps in treating hair fall problems.
9. Herbs like stinging nettle, panax ginseng, licorice are also beneficial in treating this problem.
Music video by Lifehouse performing You And Me. (C) 2005 Geffen Records