Are you weighing up a UK break over an overseas trip? Here are 10 reasons why you may be better suited to a week or two abroad.
1. Unfortunately, if you’re a sun-worshiper, the one thing that lets the UK down is the weather. So if you want to top up that tan or feel the warm air on your skin, resorts like Majorca and Menorca could be what you need.
2. With regional airports dotted all over the country, it’s easier than ever to get to and from overseas holiday destinations. So whether you’re in the north west or the north east, holiday hot spots are never far away.
3. As well as being easy to access, these flights to holiday destinations are now relatively inexpensive. Cheap flights are commonplace, so whatever your budget, you can still have a great time.
4. You can now get excellent deals on accommodation throughout Europe, so whether you’re looking for self-catering apartments, bed & breakfast or any other form of board basis, you’re sure to find what you need at the right price.
4. UK holidays are getting more and more expensive, with accommodation, petrol and train costs. When you add up everything you require from your holiday, many people find it works out more expensive than going abroad.
5. If you holiday in the UK, you’ll also have to contend with busy traffic – particularly during bank holidays and peak summer time.
6. If work’s been causing you stress over the last few weeks, you may find that staying in the UK isn’t enough of a departure. By going abroad, you can escape all thoughts about the office and relax in style.
7. While many people like to go away at eat British food, others like to experience other culinary delights. And in Europe there’s much to enjoy. From Mediterranean dishes to Polish treats that you’ve probably never heard of, you won’t want to come home.
8. If you like to party, the same old nights out in the UK can get a little tiresome. Europe is home to some of the most exciting cities in the world, while islands like Majorca have resorts which are designed to cater for party-loving Brits.
9. If you’re a culture vulture, then Europe has much to interest and entice you with. From the rich history and architecture of the Czech Republic and Poland to the fascinating Holland, you will never get bored.
10. If you’re travelling with children, there are many fantastic resorts which are designed to give them a great holiday too. Somewhere like Menorca offers some of Europe’s best family breaks, with warm pools and safe beaches for them to enjoy.
If you’re ready to book your next holiday, why not start looking for flights today. And if you happen to live near Durham, why not check out the many deals on flights from Durham to Holland or flights from Durham to Wroclaw?
Get OneRepublic’s new album ‘Oh My My,’ featuring ‘Kids,’ ‘Wherever I Go’ and ‘Let’s Hurt Tonight:’ http://smarturl.it/OhMyMy
Listen to the Best of OneRepublic on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/BestOf1R
Get “Wherever I Go,” out now:
Sign up for updates: http://smarturl.it/OneRepublic.News
Director: Joseph Kahn
Producer: Jil Hardin