When handling large amounts of critical data, it becomes very important to have data backup and recovery strategies ready. This means, it is for the sake of your valuable data that you ought to have a good idea about data recovery and good data recovery companies. A very large number of companies offer their data recovery services and it is quite easy to get confused, as which one to choose. A couple of tips may be helpful in making the right choice.
1. Proximity to your Workplace: Does the company have an office within a few hours reach from your organization? This can be critical while facing data loss or inaccessibility in your SAN, NAS or RAID server, which needs to be recovered within a short time period.
2. Scalability: Is the data recovery company capable of handling larger demands that may escalate as the data recovery needs of your organization grows?
3. Credentials: How many big clients has the company handled? What is their feedback? It may be a good idea to call up the technical people at the client end and make a few discrete inquiries.
4. Technology: Does the company cater to a wide range of products, operating systems and emergency situations? You never know what kind of problem can crop up tomorrow, and finding a new vendor at that point of time could be more problematic.
5. Training Facilities: Is the company capable of imparting training in the best practices to your employees, so that the chances of data loss can get minimized?
6. Free Inspection Schemes: Most good data recovery companies give out free inspection schemes and will not charge you if they are unable to recover your data.
7. Technology: Obtain detailed information about their data recovery services practices and compare them with other companies, so that you can be sure that the company uses the most up-to-date technology.
8. Maintenance Contracts: Is the company capable of carrying out regular checks at your installations to find out whether everything is in order or not? Do they have experienced technicians, who can actually detect problems and give you sound advice on backup strategies before disasters occur?
9. Equipment and Services: Does the company have state-of-the-art facilities at its various centers? Can it deal with seriously damaged disks? Does it have the necessary tools, expertise and CLASS 100 Clean Room facility to do so?
10. Delivery Record: Again something, you will have to check with former clients. Does the company have an impeccable delivery record? Do they stick to deadlines? Do they deliver what they commit or rather, do they commit only what they can deliver?
Among many names, Stellar Information Systems Ltd. is the most reliable and highly acclaimed data recovery service provider. The company is ISO 9001:2008 certified and has a wide spread presence in Asia, Europe and USA. With expert team of data recovery professionals, in-house R & D, indigenous tools, techniques and CLASS 100 Clean Room labs, Stellar has an excellent track record for recovering badly damaged disks, and successfully dealing with complex cases of data loss, irrespective of the hardware/software limitations. For more than 17 years, the company has been rendering its world class services to many individual entrepreneurs to large business houses and has set new bench marks in terms of efficiency, reliability & data safety.