When the weather is gloriously hot we also want to make sure that we look our best too so here are 5 tips on how to keep cool and look good:
1) Do not wear tight fitting clothes as they will irritate you and more likely than not your clothes will show your sweat patches which is not very flattering. Therefore, make sure you wear loose fitting clothes that are lightweight to keep you cool. For those who like to wear hats, try to wear one that is wider brimmed to protect your face and neck from the strong sun rays.
2) Wear UV protected sunglasses to protect your eyes. If you don’t protect your eyes, it can cause blindness later in life and we all know that prevention is better than cure. Sunglasses not only give protection but they are also chic and useful accessory to hide dark circles or bags under your eyes.
3) Keep your make-up simple as the last thing you want is for it all to be dripping down your face and worse still for you not to even realise it. Keep your make-up minimal by dabbing a bit of bronzing powder, coat your eyelashes with waterproof mascara and lip gloss. Voila, you will still look beautiful.
4) Never go outside without applying sunscreen. Make it a habit of doing this as the sun rays are so strong. You know what it can cause if you don’t protect your skin and like I said before, prevention is always better than the cure.
5) Drink lots and lots of water. It is very easy to get dehydrated and heat stroke under high temperatures and you don’t even realise it until you feel unwell. To prevent this, throughout the day drink plenty of water at regular intervals even if you don’t feel thirsty. The minimum is 8 glasses per day but always aim for more particularly on scorching days.