With the obesity rate in America as high as it is, we all need to work a little harder at living healthier lives. While this is easy to write, it is not that easy to accomplish. Gobbling up pills and intoxicating the body with harmful chemicals only leads to disastrous consequences. One should therefore, seek some alternative solutions that are natural and good for the body systems. The following article deals with many such natural weight loss remedies.
1. Drinking enough water is one of the simplest and most effective natural weight loss remedies. Intake of water helps in suppressing the appetite. It causes nutrients to be readily absorbed in the body. Water is also helpful in keeping the body hydrated and facilitates digestion.
2. The Chinese have been using green tea for over 4000 years to aid in digestion and stimulate metabolism. Green tea is not only packed with health benefits, but also burns fats and inhibits fat absorption and accumulation. Green tea burns fat and calories in body through a mechanic called thermogenesis, and contain antioxidants that stimulate metabolism.
3. A great suggestion is to start keeping a food diary, this way you can count your calories and see what you are eating. It is so easy to consume more calories than we actually require each day. Keeping track of your foods allows you to see what you are really eating, making adjustments as necessary.
4. Substitute carbohydrate-heavy foods with vegetables. Some examples of simple carbohydrates includes rice, pasta and bread. Eliminate them and replace with large salads, broccoli or spinach. Instead of using bread for sandwiches, use lettuce as a wraps.
5. The apple cider vinegar remedy is one of the best for losing weight. It helps increase the metabolism of the body. The body loses calories even when it is resting. An apple cider vinegar drink should be prepared and one should consume it throughout the day, at regular intervals. The drink is prepared by mixing 16 oz. of water with organic apple cider vinegar (2 tsp.).
6. A popular pepper type, cayenne works two ways. First it neutralizes and flushes out the toxins and other harmful substances from the body, and secondly it increases the rate of metabolism by nearly 25% and more, and aids in fat burning, depending upon the consumption. Cayenne is so popular as a weight loss herb, that an entire diet has been dedicated to it; master cleanse diet.
7. When you first start your new diet or healthy eating plan you might see a fast weight loss. This is due to excess water and fluids which have been retained in your body. By switching to healthy, fresh foods you are ridding your body of unwanted toxins. Try to prepare smaller portions of food, and use fresh fruits and vegetables whenever possible. By eating fresh fruits as opposed to drinking fruit juice, you will stay fuller during the day, reducing your cravings for a snack during the day.