Acne is a common skin condition. Acne lesions can appear as whiteheads, blackheads, small pink bumps called papules, or pimples (pus-filled red lesions). More severe forms can result in firm, painful nodules and cysts and may lead to scarring. As natural treatment has zero side effects, people always look for natural ways to cure acne.
1. Use sandalwood pack on face. To make the pack, mix one teaspoon sandalwood paste, half teaspoon turmeric powder and one tablespoon milk. Apply the mix on the face, let it dry and wash off with cold water.
2. Zinc is another popular home remedy for acne. A couple of research studies have found that zinc is somewhat effective. While it was more effective than a placebo, antibiotic medication was still more effective. In light of this, it may not be the best option when scarring is a possibility.
3. Avocado paste, made with the help of water, consists of a natural remedy for getting rid of acne. Use it like a face wash, making sure to gently rub it on your face for 5 minutes. Then, wash it off with water. Another option you can go for is a bath with blanch of nettle and rosemary. This will help reduce your acne.
4. Another face pack for acne prone skin would be that of honey (1 tsp) with 1/2 (tsp ) of cinnamon powder. Apply for 15 minutes. Due to the antiseptic properties, bacterial infections in the skin are treated.
5. For getting rid of acne, mix 2-3 tsp tea with some basil. Cook this mixture in boiling water for about 10 to 20 minutes. Then, cool it down and apply on the affected areas with a cotton ball.
6. Rose water is one of the best home remedies for acne. Rose water can be mixed with any of the daily face packs. Also, rose water can be used as a substitute for water in washing the face. Rose water is the best option for oily face that has a lot of pimples over it. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.
7. Aloe vera pulp is useful for the skin or use a readymade aloevera gel . Many brands are available in the markets ( biotique is good) and you can also try a gel based sun screen (lotus herbals have it)
8. Egg white works well for oily skin. Mix egg white with a few drops of lemon juice. Blend well and apply it on face, leave for 10 minutes and rinse off. Please don’t use lemon juice directly on face. Lemon juice has acidic property that will produce harmful effects on certain skin types.
9. Mix turmeric powder with mint juice and form a paste. Apply this on the acne-infected area and keep on for 30 minutes. After that, wash it with lukewarm water.