It is a known fact that we all need a healthy diet and plenty of exercise to maintain good cardio health. When it comes to our exercise routine though, choosing the right workout for your health needs is important. Incorporating cardiovascular exercise into your exercise routine is vital for maintaining a healthy heart and lungs as well as an allover general physical and mental well being.
Many people choose walking as their way of getting the cardio exercise they need. Walking on a regular basis is essential for getting that cardio workout in. However, there are many things that keep people from walking on a consistent basis. The weather is the top reason that holds people back. Most people will not walk when it is raining or snowing out. Also, extremely cold (and hot) temperatures are actually not healthy to walk in as it can affect your body in unpleasant ways.
Another thing that keeps people from walking is living in a dangerous neighborhood. Nowadays, in some cases it is just not safe to go out alone for a walk. There is always the chance of being mugged, jumped, raped or worse, killed. This does sound harsh, but it is an unfortunate fact in today’s times.
The benefits of the fitness treadmills
When walking outdoors is just not an option, you can still achieve proper cardio health by using a treadmill. You can use the treadmill in the comfort of your own home without having to worry about the everyday problems of walking outdoors. Other benefits of treadmills are as follows:
1. Treadmill belts are padded which alleviates strain on muscles and joints.
2. Treadmills have a visual display that will allow you to see your progress. You can keep track of how many miles you have walked, how many calories you have burned and adjust the speed and incline to increase your heart rate.
3. There is no longer a need to entertain fad diets or weight loss programs. Using the fitness treadmill will help you to lose weight at a safe rate and keep the weight off, whereas your weight will come right back once stopping any of the fad diets on the market today.
4. You can position your treadmill in front of the TV so you have the ability to watch your favorite programs while walking. This makes using the treadmill more pleasurable. It also helps the time pass, so you will work out longer than without the distraction of the TV.
5. Treadmills allow you to stay in your own home and get your cardio workout rather than leaving to go out for a walk or go to the gym.
These are just a few of the many benefits to owning a treadmill to get your cardio workout. It is a proven fact that treadmills help maintain optimal cardio health. No longer will you have to leave the comfort of your home to get in your cardio exercise. All you need to do is just step onto your treadmill and start walking.