If you want to throw a dinner party for family and friends what food and wine would you serve? Many of us get confuse with which wine to pair with which food? It is really not that difficult, but at times even experts make mistakes with doing so. The key to knowing what food to club with what wine is, heavier meals and sauces require bigger wine to match their weight and lighter meals and sauces will require lighter and more subtle wines. Here are a few suggestions;
What appetizer to match with what wine?
If The Appetizer is
* Spicy & Creamy : Sharp, young, light-to-medium bodied fruity whites or reds
* Salty & Creamy : Light-to-medium bodied fruity whites or Champagne
* Smoky & Tangy : Light-to-medium bodied reds
* Salty & Crunchy : Crisp, dry sparkling wines
* Sweet & Spicy: Fruity, dry whites
* Meaty & Creamy : Medium-bodied fruity reds with soft tannins
* Sweet & Pungent : Young, light-bodied fruity rose, whites or red
What food to match with what wine?
* With Vegetarian you can have any wine mentioned below
* With Beef you can have Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir or Chianti
* With Cheeses you can have Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
* With Chicken you can have Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Merlot
* With Fish you can have Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, fruity reds
* With Lamb you can have Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Chianti, Barolo
* With Pasta you can have Reds
* With Pork you can have Merlot, Zinfandel, Beaujolais
* With Turkey you can have Beaujolais, Zinfandel, Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Noir
* With Veal you can have Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Blanc, Barolo, Chianti, Syrah
What wine to serve after dinner?
After you have had your meal you can end by having or serving a port or a chocolate dessert wine.
Now that you have a whole list of food items and wine that can be paired together, you can successfully throw your dinner party and can even order wine online now to make it easier. Just in case you are worried about getting the right type of wine you need, all you have to do now is click your mouse and order wine online. To begin with you can always visit www.holidaywinecellar.com where you can order wine online (San Francisco). Holidaywinecellar.com accepts payment through American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. BOLA TANGKAS