Yes, I’m still in the process of moving into our new home in Colorado Springs. We decided to downsize… really bad idea! There have been times when I have been ready to pull my hair out, but I’m on my second week and here is what I have learned.
1. Take it slow. Unpack slowly. There is no big rush. even if you feel that there is. At this point in time, things can be very overwhelming.
2. Try to get back to some sort of routine as soon as possible. Your life has been turned upside down. You need a routine!
3. Control your temper. You are going to be irritable. trust me. If things are going to go wrong, this will be the time. There must be a law of some sort.
4. Sort out the kitchen and the family room first. Then you have a place to relax in. the other rooms can follow.
5. A new home needs a house warming from the new family. your family and that’s why I came up with the idea of buying a new puzzle every time we moved to a new address. Place a puzzle on the dining room table and the minute you find yourself at loose ends, head for the table and get to work. Don’t be surprised if the rest of the family suddenly join you.
6. Get to know your new neighbourhood and take in a little fresh air at the same time. You might even meet some friendly new faces.
7. No cable hook-up? As I write this, I’m still waiting and will be waiting for another… four days. Yes, somehow our request for hook-up got lost and we have been put back on the waiting list. So, this afternoon, I watched a movie and an old one at that. There is nothing like an old movie to start some new memories in your new home. Actually, I kind of enjoyed it! The hot chocolate that I made to go with it wasn’t half bad either!
I hope many people who are buying Colorado Springs real estate will find this article helpful. Each year hunderds of people come looking for homes for sale in Colorado Springs. if you too are among them, you should consider hiring the services of a reputed Colorado Springs REALTOR who will guide you through the entire process of buying real estate property.
Focused on learning more pertaining to real estate in Colorado Springs or additional new homes choices here in CO? Our realtors are here to aid you. Moreover, consider employing our Colorado Springs CO realtors if you are in search of land, townhomes, condos, or related real estate.