Do Fish Oil and Pregnancy Really Go Together

Omega 3 fish oil and pregnancy are a great combination that will have both mother and baby healthy for a long time to come.

Studies have shown that in order to achieve proper development of a healthy fetus and a smart baby the pregnant mom must have proper nutrition during her pregnancy. Good nutrition can be obtained from Omega3 DHA and EPA fatty acids that are found in fish oil.

Studies have shown that 85% of pregnant women are deficient in Omega 3s. Further studies have shown that a very small 2% of women who are pregnant have sufficient Omega 3 in their diet to meet the daily requirements while the other 98% only has 18% of what is required.

Because of the vital role Omega 3 plays in pregnant women and her child’s health many scientists recommend taking at least 900 mg of fish oil for pregnancy on a daily basis during pregnancy.

Also eating fish 2-3 times per week is a very good source of Omega 3. Fish high in omega 3s are: mackerel, tuna, sardines and salmon. These will help keep you and your baby healthy.

The benefits of fish oil for the baby are:

Better hand eye co-ordination

Better brain development

Fewer behavioral problems

Benefits for the mother are:

Less risk of postpartum depression

Reduces risk of breast cancer

Less chance of pre-term labor

Omega3 fatty acids make up 70% of a baby’s brain and the only way for a baby to obtain these necessary nutrients is from its mother. How the baby develops will depend greatly on how much the mother has during her pregnancy.

Fish oil and pregnancy is very important and there are also food and vegetables from which Omega3s can be obtained such as green leafy vegetables, namely: as spinach, collard, cabbage and also fresh fruits.

So you see the importance of fish oil and pregnancy is of paramount importance in bringing a healthy bouncing baby into this world. It is important that when purchasing any supplement you must make sure you are getting the purest and freshest one ensuring optimum benefits for you and your baby.

If you would really like to be able to source the best quality fish oil for pregnancy, visit my website to see which one I highly recommend.

BOLA TANGKAS