It is absolutely true that water is essential for weight loss success and living a healthy life overall. Most people have heard that you should drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. The truth is that the amount of water you actually need depends on your weight, activity level, the temperature and humidity of your environment, and of course, your diet.
The reason your diet is important is because if you eat plenty of water-dense food such as vegetables and fruits your need to drink water will be reduced.
There are many reasons why it’s important to drink water while you are modifying your lifestyle among them is that initial weight loss is greatly due to loss of water and you have to drink the correct amounts of water because you want to avoid dehydration.
If you make a conscious effort to drink the proper amount of water on a daily basis you improve your chances of losing weight and keep it off for good.
The process of burning calories requires having an adequate supply of water so that it can function effectively because dehydration slows down the fat-burning process. When you begin to burn calories this creates toxins in your body and water is needed to flush them out.
Another reason for making sure you get the right amount of water is because dehydration can cause a reduction in blood volume which in turn reduces the supply of oxygen to your muscles and can make you feel tired.
Remember your body is approximately 55 to 80% water so when it is dehydrated vital organs such as your lungs, liver, kidneys, intestines and brain and overall bodily functions are greatly affected.
Water will help to maintain your muscle tone by helping muscles to contract and supply adequate oxygen and nutrients to your muscle cells and will also lubricate your joints. With the proper amount of water you’ll reduce muscle and joint soreness after you exercise.
Any healthy nutritious diet includes a good amount of fiber but you still need water to promote absorption of nutrients and also help to fight against constipation. If you drink water 15 to 30 minutes before a meal you will feel fuller and will be satisfied to eat less.
Don’t forget that most chronic and recurring health problems include weight problems which are directly linked to dehydration. However there are ways to give your body the fuel it greatly needs and desires.
In Dr. Dion’s Essential Elements of Health and Fitness you will discover:
* How the essential element of drinking water can help the weight fall off your body like hot butter sliding down a skillet
* Why water is really jet fuel for the body which you can use to turbo charge your inner fat burning furnace and actually begin taking a torch to calories even while you’re just sitting still or sleeping
* The real amount of water you need to drink every day, and why it is probably not the “6-8 glasses” we’ve all been told!
* The truth about drinking water from plastic and whether you should or shouldn’t do it
* How simply drinking more water could help you lose between 5-10 pounds without doing anything else
* How to make drinking water fun and exciting
* And much more!