Does the idea of drinking water to lose weight makes any sense? Why should we drink more water and why will it help us to lose weight? We all know that about 70% of the human body is made up by water, so won’t drinking a lot of water cause us to gain weight?
There are several reasons why drinking water to lose weight makes sense and drinking more water will unquestionably help you in any weight loss effort.
Here is why is drinking water and dieting goes together:
* Water plays an important part in keeping your body clean by flushing out toxins and impurities.
* Enough water is required for you body to function properly as most of your body’s organs and systems needs water to be efficient, for example your stomach and digestive track, you liver and kidneys, eyes, brain, nervous system and muscles.
* A lack of water will result in a slowing down of your body’s metabolism and as a result less calories will be burnt.
* Increased consumption of water will cause an increase your metabolism and the conversion of fat into energy will be more efficient.
* A lack of water disrupts your digestion which have a negative effect on the elimination of waste by your body.
* If you allow your body to get dehydrated you can get feelings of hunger, prevent this by drinking enough water.
* A lack of water in the human body has a negative impact on exercising.
* Drinking a glass of water when you are hungry or before meals will result in you eating less.
* You can drink as much water as you like without getting fatter as water contains no fat and no calories!
There you have it, by drinking more water you can lose weight. Imagine the advantages of substituting drinks that contain sugar with water! If you combine an increase in the consumption of water with a good diet you can experience accelerated weight loss.