The very basic introduction to jute is that it is a long, soft, and shiny vegetable fiber that can be spun into rough, but strong threads. This fiber found its use in a multitude of applications. What’s more, it is the cheapest natural fiber. However there are many uses of jute, but this fabulous fiber has got much fame as a handicraft fiber or a fiber which is mostly used for the fabrication of handicrafts. The handicraft items made of this fantastic fabric are bewitching and captivating by their very appearance. So, let’s get familiar with the contemporary jute handicrafts.
Features of Jute Handicrafts
The artifacts manufactured from jute are enticing by their very nature. Their quality and look speak for itself. These items are not mere decoration items, but they also possess great utility. The primary features of these handmade items include the following:
They are a perfect amalgamation of simplicity and elegance
Environment-friendly and biodegradable products
Economical in comparison to their quality
They are enchanting and beautiful
Durable and long-lasting
Although each handcrafted item of jute is unique in itself, still few items are more famous than others. There is a multitude of such handicrafts available at present, the most popular out of them are as mentioned below:
1) Wall Hangings: This is an elegant decoration item. It is further beautified by the use of motifs and beads. These wall hangings are capable enough to lend a lively and rejuvenating look to any dull room.
2) Coasters: Jute coasters are known for their beauty and intricate designs. They not only look good, but have multiple uses like covering glass, bottles, etc. They serve as an ideal decor item on the dining table.
3) Table Mats: Table mats are also used on the dining table for the purpose of decoration and for placing plates and other utensils on them. The jute table mats are fabricated in a multitude of colors, designs, sizes, and shapes.
4) Lamp Shades: The lamp shades made from jute are highly demanded nowadays. The reason for their huge demand is their quality, durability, design, and utility. Moreover, these lamp shades are available at affordable prices.
5) Stationery Items: Jute stationery products are in great demand the world over. These items can be easily seen in schools, offices, homes, etc. These products are both elegant and sturdy. The common types of such products include folders, pen stands, and book racks.
6) Napkin Rings: The napkin rings manufactured from jute are perfect artistic artifacts. These napkin rings come in a wide array of designs and can be custom designed to match other tableware. The napkin rings made from jute may be plain, twisted, oval, or round in shape.
The significance of jute artifacts or handicrafts is apparent from the above discussion. No doubt, these products are getting more and more famous with the passage of time. Besides the products mentioned above, there are numerous other types of handicraft items that are fabricated from this marvelous natural fiber. For detailed information on a large number of jute handicrafts and various other products made from it, you can browse through Jute Industry Marketplace.