Food helps in spicing up the otherwise bland corporate meetings. So, in order to make your corporate event a success it is very important that you have good food available for attendees. And in order to arrange for that you need to have the best caterer in town working for you. Here are a few tips to help you find the best caterer.
How to find a caterer
Ask friends and family who have organized events and have had good experiences with the food and service, for suggestions about which caterer they found to be the best. Alternatively, you can check the phone directory to get a few leads. Once you have shortlisted a few names, visit their offices.
Inspect their food and kitchens
Ask the caterer whether they serve separate meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Prepare a menu with them, keeping in mind the dietary needs of the guests. If possible, sample some of the food they will be serving at the event, determine if the ingredients used to prepare the dishes are fresh or canned. Take a peek into the kitchen to see if they maintain high standards of hygiene.
What other services do they provide?
Ask the caterer if they provide additional services like the setup and take down of chairs and tables. Ask if they provide additional items on rental like plants, china, flatware, glassware, linens, bar glassware and serving equipment. Remember to ask whether they pack up leftovers, which will make the task of managing excess food absolutely hassle free.
Keep a budget
* Cost often determines if you are going to hire a caterer or not. So discuss your budget with them. Ensure that there are no hidden costs and that all costs are covered within your budget.
* Check the catering license and insurance
* Ask if they have insurance and if they do then what all does it cover. Don’t forget to check their license as well.
Things to keep in mind
* Small catering services that have newly opened offer discounts, since they are trying to promote their business. They usually provide excellent quality food and service, so if they have catering licenses then do not hesitate to hire them.
* Make sure to look for the right caterer well in advance to the event as the good ones are all hired and you are left with not much of an option.
* Many venues have their own caterers. So before hiring one inform the venue.
With caterers coming into the scene, organizing events have become much easier. So people are always on the lookout for a good caterer (Charlotte, NC). So if you live in Charlotte, NC and are planning an event then check out the website of Bedder Bedder and Moore Delicatessen Caterer, who are renowned in Charlotte for exceptional quality of food, which is attractively presented and delivered on time, every time.