In terms of designing or developing a website or a blog, majority of the site owners appear to be grasping the concept pretty quick and end up doing a grand job over time. What majority of the webmasters find challenging, especially money making webmasters that are focused on making money from their sites, is the off-page optimization or the promotion part.
This is not a rocket science that more visitors you have or more people find your site, or more money you end up making. It is however extremely challenging to get that traffic as out of those hundreds of millions of pages on the web, it is less likely that anyone will find your website just after the initial launch. No need to get disappointed though as there are actually few ways of getting and driving traffic to your site. One is PPC or Pay Per Click which is expensive as you pay per click and depending on the niche you are targeting, it can actually be very costly way of advertising. Another method is through SEO (search engine optimization) or SEM (search engine marketing). There are few other ways of driving the visitors but on this article, we will focus on Link Building which is a major part of off-page SEO method.
If we consider the rationale of link building for a website, we can see that more backlinks a website has, higher the site ranks on search engines for its targeted terms. So let’s focus on getting those desired backlinks to your site in an easy and costless way. What you need to do is to set some time aside per day or per week and continue to work on building those links.
1. Directory Submission: Directory submission is known to be a proven method of link building for some time now. What you need to do is to find a lot of online link directories that accept free URL submissions and submit your site there. All the directories are usually organized by categories so you need to submit under the category that best suits your site and theme.
2. Article Submission: There are thousands of free article directories out there that accept free submissions. You can write an article related to the theme of your site and submit to few of the top article directories with your anchor text link in the resource box to get backlinks.
3. Social Bookmarking: How many social bookmarking sites out there as of this date is anyone’s guess but the point is that, you can bookmark your site or story pages on these social bookmarking sites for backlinks easily.
4. RSS Submission: If you have a blog or site with RSS Feed setup, then there are hundreds of RSS directories and ping sites where you can submit your feed for backlinks.
5. Social Media Pages: There are lot of social media sites, Squidoo and HubPages for example, that accept user generated content. You can publish your own articles on those sites and use the anchor text to link to your main site.
Idea is to stay focused as there is no overnight result that you will be expecting. SEO is a lengthy process and sometimes it can take months before you see some results. All good things come to those who are motivated and hard working.