If you’re expecting your first baby, it can be extremely confusing getting your head round everything you need to do and buy. That process begins before the baby is born and continues after the arrival. So, to help, here are five items that you may need to buy.
1. According to research, 90% of pregnant women suffer from morning sickness. While there is no conclusive evidence that any one product can work for everyone, there are several excellent products on the market that will help you. A great place to decide what to buy is to speak to other mothers and ask for recommendations.
2. During pregnancy, your body is going to go through a number of changes. As such, it’s absolutely essential that you are comfortable. However, that doesn’t mean you need to buy clothes that look hideous. There are many maternity clothing suppliers that make items for all the different stages of pregnancy as well as clothes that will need to last you for several months. From maternity bras and pyjamas to tops and bottoms, there is plenty to choose from.
3. Another thing to aid comfort and also safety is an appropriate seat belt for your car. Read books and find out what you are going to need to change in your life to ensure you and your bump are safe throughout the nine months.
4. Taking care of your skin during pregnancy is very important, especially as it will stretch and then contract back into its original shape. It’s best to avoid your usual cosmetic skincare items, as they may contain ingredients that aren’t suitable for pregnant women. Instead, go for specially formulated skincare products for pregnancy. These include stretch mark creams, oils, relaxing bubble bath and much more.
5. Once your new baby arrives, your body is going to need nurturing. Many items, such as soothing organic balms, healing kits, bath sprays and oils, comfort tea bags, are designed to aid post-natal recovery. Obviously, the baby will be the focus of many people’s attention, but don’t neglect your own health during this important time.
These are just some of the important items you are going to need. From morning sickness remedies and stretch mark creams to clothing and safety equipment, make a list of all the items you need and find a supplier to help you get them in.