Are you hoping for a winter wedding? If so, here are five important things to consider before you book.
1. Colours – One of the main things you’ll have to think about is the theme of your wedding and the colours you choose. Popular options are red and green, which are traditionally associated with the season; silver and white; and gold and cream.
2. Venue – One of the most important things to consider is where you’re going to get married. While the choice of location itself will give you an idea of what weather to expect, you should also look for a venue that will look good in the winter time. You may not get snow, but as some venues only look good with the sunshine, it’s worthwhile viewing the venue and getting a feel for how your photographs are going to look.
3. Menu – There’s not much better than a hot meal on a cold day, so this is likely to be an important part of the day. You may want to serve traditional Christmas food and drink, like eggnog or hot chocolate, while snowflakes could literally be the icing on the cake.
4. Clothing – While you’re going to be indoors for much of the day, you may want to consider adding a removable layer to the clothing garments so you don’t look frozen on any outdoor photos you have taken. A stylish throw or coat could allow you to still look glamorous, without feeling too chilly.
5. Flowers – Occasionally more expensive during the winter than at other times of the year, you may have to be creative with your selections. Carrying the Christmas theme through into the flowers could make the day look even more magical.
So, if you’re ready to start planning your winter wedding, you need to start thinking about location. If you want to get married in the north west, a Cheshire wedding venue may be just what you need. Why not find one with a luxury spa, so you and your guests can enjoy some indoor treats on the eve of the big day.