A halogen oven uses an infra-red element to cook foods completely and quickly like a microwave oven, yet, unlike a microwave oven, browns meat and cooks crusty pastry. Pre-heating is almost instant, and the air-circulator distributes the heat evenly throughout the interior of the oven for defrosting, steaming, roasting and baking.
The unit comes with two racks which allow fats to drain away from the food, a pair of tongs, a Lid Extender, a lid stand, and frying and steaming trays. The unit is very portable, and has a built-in self-cleaning feature.
Here’s some sample recipes.
2 ounces butter
2 ounces brown sugar
3 ounces plain flour
* Whip the butter to a creamy consistency.
* Mix in the brown sugar and flour to a crumbly consistency.
* Skin and core the apple.
* Chop the apple into small pieces.
* Put the chopped apple pieces in the cooking dish.
* Add sugar to taste.
* Cover with the crumble mixture.
* Bake on the top wire shelf at 190 degrees for 40 minutes.
CHEESY CHICKEN BACON MELTS
– 2 chicken breast fillets
– BBQ sauce, or other sauce of your choice
– Grated parmesan, or crumbled blue cheese
– 4 smoked bacon rashers
* Wash and pat dry the chicken fillets.
* Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper.
* Spread sauce liberally all over the fillets.
* Sprinkle cheese on top.
* Wrap bacon rashers around the edges of fillets.
* Cook on a lower rack at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
* Halfway through the cooking, turn fillets to brown both sides.
2 tablespoons milk
150 grams sugar
200 grams self-raising flour
150 grams butter
1 teaspoon orange essence
Zest and juice of 1 orange
3 tablespoons icing sugar
* Preheat to 180 degrees for three minutes.
* Beat the sugar and melted butter together until mixture becomes creamy.
* Add eggs, and beat the mixture again.
* Mix in milk, flour, orange essence and zest.
* Pour mixture into a greased loaf tin.
* Place the tin on low rack and cook for 30-40 minutes, until cake is firm.
* Place on a cooling rack and let cool.
* Mix orange juice and icing sugar, and pour over the cooled cake.
HALOGEN ROAST CHICKEN
* Create a marinade with soy sauce, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, and herbs.
* Leave chicken in marinade overnight in a cool place.
* The next day, coat chicken with butter, putting some under the skin.
* Cut up onions and apples, and stuff some into chicken.
* Put the rest of the onions and apples on the roasting surface underneath chicken.
* Cut up garlic and put in, on, and under chicken.
* Coat the skin of chicken with honey.
* Place chicken on the rack breast side down.
* Cook at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
* Turn chicken over and cook another 30-40 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees.
Hello Friends! Before anything else, I want to greet each and everyone of you a Happy New Year! And thank you for all the support and God bless us all! This is my version of Chicken Afritada, as usual I included some techniques in cooking for you to enjoy 🙂
Add me on facebook: