A hernia is an opening or weakness in the muscular structure of the wall of the abdomen. This defect causes a bulging of the abdominal wall. This bulging is usually more noticeable when the abdominal muscles are tightened, thereby increasing the pressure in the abdomen. Any activities that increase intra-abdominal pressure can worsen a hernia; examples of such activities are lifting, coughing, or even straining to have a bowel movement. Imagine a barrel with a hole in its side and a balloon that is blown up inside the barrel. Part of the inflated balloon would bulge out through the hole. The balloon going through the hole is like the tissues of the abdomen bulging through a hernia.
Read more on Hernia Herbal Remedies and Treatment for Diabetes and Blood Sugar and Natural Remedies for Acne and Pimples
Causes and Symptoms of Abdominal Hernia
A hernia usually is an outcome of undue pressure on the abdominal wall tissue and muscles. Some of the major causes of hernia are:
1. Severe constipation
2. Cystic fibrosis
4. Undescended testicles
5. Lifting of heavy weights
6. Chronic cough and lung diseases
7. Enlarged prostrate, causing painful urination
Symptoms of Inguinal Hernia
Some inguinal hernias don’t cause any symptoms, some affected persons may not know that they have inguinal hernias until they were discovered by their respective doctors during routine check ups. However, inguinal hernia can be detected if the bulge is visible caused by the protruding intestine.
Other inguinal hernia symptoms include:
1. Pain in the groin area, especially when lifting heavy objects
2. A heavy or dragging sensation in your groin
3. Sometimes, in men, pain and swelling in the scrotal area or around the testicles
Treatment is important to avoid a potentially serious condition called a strangulated hernia. This is when the bulging through the muscle wall obstructs the flow of blood to the intestine or stops the flow of intestinal contents leading to tissue death. An inguinal hernia can often be reduced, pushed back into place. If it is nonreducable then surgery is required under a general anaesthetic. Usually done on an out patient basis the segment of bowel is put back in the abdominal cavity and the muscle closed. A piece of plastic mesh is sometimes used to reinforce the weakened muscle area. A dry dressing protects the incision area for a few days.
Risk factors of Inguinal Hernia
1. Family history
2. Chronic cough
3. Chronic constipation
6. Work Related
7. Premature birth
8. Certain medical conditions like cystic fibrosis
Prevention and suggestions for Inguinal Hernia
1. Maintain a healthy weight.
2. Consume high-fiber foods.
3. Avoid lifting heavy objects.
4. Avoid smoking.
Home Remedies for Hiatus Hernia
1. If Hiatus Hernia is left untreated it can lead to a life full of health problems. Therefore it is crucial to treat or prevent a hernia right in its tracks. Some great treatments for hernias are prescription medications such as H2 blockers.
2. Pepcid Ac is an acid blocker that helps control the protrusion of the stomach and thus aids in Hiatus Hernia treatment.
3. Antacids that contain magnesium or aluminum help with hernias because the stabilize the stomachs acid.
4. You can also change your eating habits, by switching to smaller meals throughout the day.
5. Limit your intake on acid building foods like caffeine, spices and alcohol to keep control on Hiatus Hernia.
David and liza kiss: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqwBohDKR0A
ENTER THE IPHONE 7 GIVEAWAY BY FOLLOWING HERE:
Our Social Links:
Main Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2OXq_D8y4V8w-KzO6mm4aw