Common acne is known as ‘Acne vulgaris’. It is classified as a chronic inflammatory disease of the skin. It is characterized by the presence of pimples or zits, blackheads, whiteheads, papules, pustules, nobules and cysts. It mainly affects the face, neck, chest, back, and upper arms of sufferers. Acne may be mild or severe. Although it most frequently effects teens and preteens, adult acne is also quite common.
Read more on Home Remedies for acne Treatment and Natural Acne Treatment and also visit on Pimples Home Remedies
The skin has pores which connect to oil glands located under the skin, via follicles. Sebum, an oily liquid, is produced by the oil glands. The sebum carries dead skin cells through the follicles to the surface of the skin. Acne develops when follicles get blocked and infected. Acne is not dangerous but it leaves scars. Home remedies for acne can be a great help in curing acne.
Home Remedies for Acne
1. Mix lemon juice with rose water. One lemon with same proportion of rose water will do. Apply it on your face and rinse it only after 30 mins. Constantly doing so will not only get rid of acne and pimples, but it also has the effect of lightening the skin blemishes.
2. Use fresh mint juice to apply on your face.
3. Strawberry leaves can also help to reduce the pimple swelling.
4. Orange peel can also be used. Basically, you need to mash it or blend it, mix with some water to form a paste before applying on your problem area.
5. Mix turmeric powder with some mint juice before applying on the acne. Wash it off with clean, lukewarm water after about 30 mins.
6. Even cooking condiments such as vinegar and salt have their uses as home remedies for acne. Mix the two together, before rubbing the mix over the pimples. Leave it there for some 10 to 20 mins before removing with lukewarm water.
7. Make a paste with cucumber before using it as a facial mask. Leave the mask on for 30 mins daily. Doing this will prevent acne from breaking out.
8. If you can tolerate the smell of garlic on your face, then go ahead to apply some fresh garlic on the pimples. They will disappear after repeated applications.
9. Even the milk that you drink is useful as a home remedy for acne. Blend nutmeg with milk and you have a powerful paste to zap those pimples away.
To begin with, the patient should take only an ‘all-fruit’ diet for a week, taking three meals a day, of fresh juicy fruits, such as apples, pears, grapes, grapefruit, pineapples, and peaches. Only unsweetened lemon or plain water, either hot or cold, should be drunk and nothing else.
After the one-week, all-fruit diet, the patient can gradually adopt a well-balanced diet with emphasis on raw foods, especially fresh fruit and vegetables, sprouted seeds, raw nuts, and wholegrain cereals, particularly millet and brown rice. Further short periods of the ‘all-fruit’ diet for three days or so may be necessary at a monthly interval till the skin’s condition improves.
Meats, sugar, strong tea or coffee, condiments, pickles, soft drinks, candies, ice cream, refined and processed foods should be avoided as far as possible.