This is an amazing recipe for homemade chicken wings and blue cheese dipping sauce. Wings are baked and tossed with hot pepper sauce. The perfect snack or appetizer, this is a great finger food to serve to small crowds. The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Chicken pieces can be deep fried in hot oil instead of baked. Add 2 to 3 inches of hot oil to deep fryer. Bring oil to 370 F. Deep fry in small batches about 10 minutes per batch. Keep chicken warm in 300 F. oven while cooking remaining batches.
Chicken Wings in Hot Pepper Sauce
12 Chicken Wings (2-1/2 pounds), cut at joints, discard tips
2 tablespoons Margarine or Butter
1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Margarine or Butter, melted
1 tablespoon White Vinegar
2 to 3 teaspoons Hot Pepper Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Coarse Salt
Blue Cheese Dressing (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Add butter to large ceramic baking dish. Place in oven long enough to melt butter.
3. Coat chicken in all-purpose flour.
4. Place chicken in baking dish in single layer.
5. Bake 20 minutes uncovered.
6. Turn chicken pieces and bake additional 20 minutes. Test one wing to insure juices are running clear.
7. Remove from oven. Place chicken pieces on paper towels.
8. Add 1-tablespoon margarine, white vinegar, pepper sauce and coarse salt to large bowl. Stir to combine.
9. Add chicken to sauce. Toss to coat.
10. Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing and celery sticks.
Blue Cheese Dressing
3/4 cup (3 ounces) Crumbled Blue Cheese
1 (3 ounces) package Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Real Mayonnaise
1/3 cup Half-and-Half
1. Reserve 1/3 cup of the crumbled cheese.
2. Add remaining blue cheese and cream cheese to small bowl. Stir or beat with hand mixer until smooth.
3. Stir in mayonnaise. Stir to combine.
4. Stir in half-and-half. Beat on low speed until creamy.
5. Stir in reserved cheese.
6. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours to blend flavors.