Are we in a recession or depression? Well, that depends on you who talk to. Most people tend to agree that the economy is pretty shaky and that people are scared. The bail out is a mess. People are losing their jobs, their homes, their dignity. Blah blah, blah.
The first thing you should do is stop watching the news. This negativity can begin to wear on you. Don’t let it. Your economy is what you make it. Only you can determine your future. This is a time where people need to take action starting with their budget and look for ways to save money. For those out there with only one source of income, especially if it is a job then you need to figure another way to make money. Get a Plan B.
No matter how bad it is or how little money you have, the fact remains that you will still need to shop. Maybe it will only be the necessitates, but you will have to buy them somewhere. Right?
Internet shopping is on the rise for that reason, among many others. Retailers are offering big discounts and Free shipping many times. Not only will you save money on parking and gas, you will reduce your carbon footprint and save your valuable time.
There are a few tricks to getting maximum savings.
1. Comparison shop – Many times you can Google an item and compare prices, but I also recommend Pricegrabber.com and Nextag.com to find the lowest price.
2. Sign up for email from your favorite stores – They will send you coupon codes, discounts and specials.
3. Coupon codes – Always search Google for Ex: “Macy’s coupon codes”. There are a ton of coupon sites and you can usually get a discount or free shipping. Currentcodes.com is a really good place to find them. When you check out then you will see a box to enter that code and receive the discount.
4. Shipping charges – Freeshipping.org is a great place to look for Free shipping. many time the shipping is still cheaper than if you drive to the store with the cost of fuel and your time.
5. Sales Tax Savings – Be sure to look for stores that are out of your state so that yo can save the sales tax. Drugstore.com is a great example for me because I buy all of my toiletries, prescriptions, household items and save an additional 6%. Plus they have a program where they also give you 5% drugstore dollars on most items to spend on future orders. It really adds up big time & has saved me time and money because I no longer walk out of a store with impulse items.
6. Join an Internet Affiliate Program – This is the BIG BONUS! – You can earn from 1-30% cash back in addition to the savings mentioned above. There are over 800 stores with everything you could ever need. Pet supplies, office supplies, Airfare, Hotels, household cleaning products, healthy snacks, vitamins, prescription drugs, clothes, shoes, organic and eco-friendly products.
7. Become a Ecommerce Broker – It only makes sense that you would share these incredible discounts and savings with other people, wouldn’t you? Consumers are desperate to save money and in my opinion everyone needs a plan B during these tough economic times. You would agree, wouldn’t you?
A family of four should save on average approximately $ 200 per month or more based on these shopping strategies all combined. An Ecommerce Broker has unlimited income potential. Forrester Research, Inc. forecast that eCommerce will be $ 329 billion in 2010, which is up from $ 172 billion in 2005. The increase translates to a solid 14 percent compound annual growth rate over the next five years.
An Ecommerce Broker has an opportunity to position themselves in two industries that are experiencing tremendous growth. Internet Affiliate Marketing (eCommerce) & the environmental movement. Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years? What is your plan B and do you have a financial plan in place to get you there?