Memory is an activity which is related to our mind. In this activity there is recalling of information that you have experienced or learned. Memory can be of short term or it may be of long term. In short term memories your mind stores information for few seconds or for few minutes. In long term memory, you retain information for which you have made an effort.
We must always work in the direction to improve memories. There are some basic things, which are very helpful in improving the memories in addition to exercising your brain
1. Be attentive always.
2. Acquire information which adds to your learning style.
3. Involve as many senses as possible to improve memory.
4. Relate information to what you know.
5. Organize information
6. Understand and be able to interpret complex problem.
7. Rehear the information and over-learn it.
8. Be motivated and always keep a positive attitude.
Food also plays an important role in enhancing your memory. There are some important foods which are responsible for improving your memory. These foods are having the qualities of memory boosting and they are with high nutrients. These foods will definitely improve your brain and memory
1. Eat More Fish – Fatty fish are rich in omega-3 fats and it is very helpful in enhancing your memory. It is having the qualities to reduce the inflammation of the cell which is responsible for decline in memory. Fatty fish like sardines and salmon are excellent source of boosting memory as they are the source of Omega-3 oils. You must eat at least 3 servings of fish in a week for improving your memory.
2. Eat more and more vegetables to improve your memory
Dark leafy vegetables – You must have at least a cup of dark leafy vegetables. You can take these vegetables after cooking or boiling but don’t overcook as it will take away its vitamins and nutrients.
Spinach – Spinach is very effective in improving memory as it contains high content of folic acid.
Onions – Long term memory can be improved by taking onion regularly as it contain fisetin, a naturally occurring flavonoid.
3. Berries are also responsible for improving memories. Both blueberries and strawberries are responsible for improving memories. Blueberries in addition to improving of memory protect us from other disease also like diabetes, heart disease and cancer. Whereas strawberry is responsible for improving long term memory.
Other fruits and vegetables are also effective for improving memories like tomatoes, oranges, apples, peaches, grapes etc.