Everybody dreams of a glowing and spotless skin, and scars can spoil the natural beauty of the skin to a great extent. Facial scars are very common caused by pimples and acne and these take quite a long time to fade out. Frequent occurrence of pimples and acne can leave permanent scar marks on the face. Various skin diseases and physical injuries can cause dark patches on hands, neck and feet which sometimes lead to embarrassing situations.
Black and brownish patchy marks appear on the skin, especially on the exposed areas like face, arms and feet. Scars can occur in any part of the body due to a variety of reasons.
Scars can be caused due to –
1. Any injury or wound on the skin
2. Pimples, acne
3. Skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis
4. Chicken pox
6. Skin rashes
7. Hormonal changes
Home Remedies for Scars
Though scars are difficult to remove from the skin surface, still some proven home remedies can help in reducing them significantly.
1. Sandalwood is highly effective in reducing scars and blemishes. Apply a paste of sandalwood and rosewater on the scar and leave it overnight. Wash the area with cold water next morning.
2. Application of the paste of sandalwood and black gram on the affected areas and keeping it overnight also helps in lightening the scars.
3. Aloe Vera herb is very useful in treating any skin problems. Application of the gel from this herb helps in preventing scars.
4. Lemon juice is highly effective in reducing the scars. It acts as natural bleach that helps in lightening scars and blemishes of the skin.
5. Application of lavender oil with cotton balls on the affected areas also helps in lightening of the scars.
6. Apply honey on the dark patches several times a day. This will help in removing the scars and restoring the glow of the skin.
7. Application of cucumber juice also produces excellent results. The juice should be applied on the scars and kept for 15 minutes finally washing it off with cold water.
8. Apply grape seed oil and almond oil on the scars. These oils help in faster removal of the scars.
9. Apply a mixture of fuller’s earth, rosewater and few drops of lime juice on the patchy areas. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with cold water. You can also add few drops of sandalwood oil for better results.
10. Application of mashed banana like a mask on the face also helps in removing scars. The mask should be kept for 10 minutes and then washed off with cold water.