Joint pain is the sensation of discomfort, inflammation, soreness, achiness, or stiffness in a joint or joints of the body. Joints are the spaces or areas where two or more bones meet. Joint pain is a symptom of a wide variety of mild to serious diseases, disorders and conditions. Joint pain can result from infection, trauma, malignancy, autoimmune diseases, and other abnormal processes.
Joint pain can indicate a relatively benign condition, such as mild sprain. Joint pain can be the result of a moderate condition, disorder or disease, such as bursitis, ankylosing spondylitis, a moderate ligament sprain, or a dislocation. Joint pain can also accompany serious conditions that can even be life-threatening. These include rheumatoid arthritis, leukemia or bone cancer.
Causes of Joint Pain and Arthritis
1. Injury to joint
2. Excessive straining of the joint
3. Inflammation of joint known as arthritis is another cause
4. Inflammation of the tendons supporting the joint called as tendenitis
5. Inflammation of the bursa known as bursitis
Home Remedies for Joint Pain and Arthritis
1. Warm bath is the highly helpful water treatment for joint pains.
2. Massaging the affected area with any oil will give relief from joint pain.
3. Drink a cup of papaya seed tea six or seven times every day for two or three weeks to get relief from joint pain.
4. One can consume garlic cloves fried in butter for treatment of joint pains and is good Home Remedy for Joint Pain.
5. Eating chapatti prepared from roasted grams flour with clarified butter provides relief from joint pains.
6. Mix up two to three teaspoonful of winter cherry with ghee and molasses to make porridge. Eat this porridge on empty stomach for 15-20 days. This is good Home Remedy for Joint Pain.
7. Among fruits bananas are measured as the best for the joints as they give strength and grease to the joints.
8. InTake 1-2 teaspoonful of turmeric in hot milk treat all kinds of body pains.
9. Carrot juice is highly beneficial as it make stronger the ligaments and is good Home Remedy for Joint Pain.
10. Apple cider vinegar is helpful for joint pains treatments.
11. Rub the painful joints with hot vinegar before going to bed at night.
12. Two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 2-3 teaspoons of honey dissolved in a small glass of warm water gives relief from joint pains. This remedy is Home Remedy for Joint Pain
13. Mix camphor, methyl salicylate, eucalyptus oil and menthol to make a rubbing mixture for aches and joint pains as this mixture is good remedy for joint pains.
14. Gomukhasana is helpful yogic asana for the cure of joint pains.
15. Alternate hot and cold compresses on the painful region gives relief from joint pains.
16. Mix fresh carrot juice with equal parts of lemon juice and take one large teaspoonful daily for treatment of joint pains. One of the good home remedies for joint pain.
17. Exercise amplifies your joint flexibility and also strengthens your bones. Exercise in water can decrease pain and improves flexibility