Having the correct camera to take on vacation can add so much to your already memorable time away from home, since it will provide you with the enjoyment that comes from viewing those first-class images and videos. But simply finding the camera that will fill the bill can be a frustrating and futile experience. Of course the camera will not just be for travel, so getting the right features takes some thought and research. What about the Panasonic Lumix ZS7? This one may be just the camera for you.
Point and shoot camera technology has come a long way over the past couple of years, and Panasonic has quietly been a leader in that area. But they are a leader in the development of compact digital technology, in spite of being less “visible” in the camera market. Need proof? Check the user ratings at the online stores. Panasonic ranks extremely high with their point and shoot models.
What makes the perfect travel or “all purpose” camera?
Personal requirements and expectations for the type of images and videos you will be shooting have a lot to do with your choice. However, the general consensus about vacation cameras for a casual photographer is that they should have the following: good image quality, wide angle to telephoto range of at least 5x, video capability of at least 720p, pocketable, and economical.
Would you believe that the Panasonic Lumix ZS7 has the right feature package in each of these areas? Take a look.
1. Good Image Quality – for point and shoot cameras with super-zoom capabilities, this camera rates among the best. Prints can be as large as you want because of the 12-megapixel sensor.
2. Zoom Range – you will experience focal lengths that range from 25-300mm (equivalent to 35mm standard), so when you need a group shot or landscape using a wide angle, or you want a close-up of something far away that requires you to zoom, the ZS7 will meet your needs.
3. Video – up to 1280 x 720p HD video and nearly 30 minutes in duration, the video can’t be topped.
4. Dimensions – this camera is excellent for carrying in a pocket or purse. No weighty bags and equipment to lug around.
5. Price – the ZS7 is extremly affordable at about $ 250, especially considering all the great features that come in this little package.
As a camera shopper you need to know that there are others who have passed this way before you. And they have recorded their findings in the user comments section of the online stores (and also at the manufacturer websites). Take advantage of these resources. All you need to do is check the Panasonic Lumix ZS7 user reviews, and you will observe that this little camera has very high user satisfaction, and if you look really close, you will notice lots of positive comments about the value of the ZS7 as a travel camera. There are lots of folks who have purchased it for just that purpose, and they have not been disappointed.