Throwing you daughter a “Sweet 16” birthday bash? You may have organized the venue, the DJ, the lighting, and the invitations but what about the food and drinks? Well you can take the easy way out and just hire party caterers who will take care of all the food problems. The caterer prepares the dishes and presents the food. Besides that they are also expected to help clients decide on a menu, serve the food in either a la carte or buffet mode, provide the necessary serving dishes for the food, clean up after the event and at times even provide a venue. Hiring a party catering service is not difficult but choosing a good one to do the job can be tricky. So to help you find one here are a few guidelines.
* Make a list of a few catering services: Ask family and friends for recommendations. List a few names of services from your neighborhood to give you more options. You can also check in telephone directories.
* Go meet them: Meet the caterers and discuss the details of the event, like the venue, the date and time of the event, what you expect from them.
* Food inspection: Sample the food that will be served at the event, check if the ingredients used to prepare them are fresh. Check the kitchen for hygiene standards. Create a menu, keeping in mind the dietary needs of the guests.
* Check credentials: See if they have legitimate licenses to run their business. Check their insurance coverage as well.
* Additional services: Check with them if they provide any additional services like cleaning up after the party. Ask them if they provide rentals like tables and chairs, table linens, plants, china, flatware, glassware, bar glassware and serving equipment. Find out if they pack up the leftover food after the party. It’s a good idea to ask if these additional services would cost anything or if they are covered in the price quoted.
* Budget: Discuss your budget with them and make sure all costs are covered within your budget. Ensure there are no hidden costs, so that there are no surprises when you receive an invoice from them.
Now that you know how to look for a service to do Party Catering (Charlotte, NC), I am very sure your daughter’s party will be a great success. If you or anyone you know is in need of party catering then log on to the website of Bedder Bedder and Moore Delicatessen Caterer. BOLA TANGKAS