Changing to a raw food diet means that you eat seventy five percent of foods in their raw state. Going on a raw diet means that you will have to take in fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, herbs, seeds and legumes etc. switching on to a raw food diet is difficult for the body.
However, once your body gets accustomed to this food habit, it will gain a lot of benefits. You will notice weight loss of your body. It will gain immunity to fight diseases. Your skin will glow with health. Your digestion will become smooth and easy and there will not be any toxic accumulation in your body.
Some steps of a raw diet weight loss plan:
• Bring about gradual changes in your body: if you are planning to switch your diet to a raw food diet, introduce it to your body gradually, step by step. Most people have complained that their family and close friends do not support their conviction to change their diet. Since our bodies have been used to cooked and processed food from childhood, it reacts immediately when we feed them with raw diet. Initially changing your diet can give you hunger pangs, headaches and fatigue. But this is just during the initial phase. As your body gets accustomed to this change in diet, it complains no more. In fact, it shows marvelous results.
• Have a lot of filling foods: this is done to avoid hunger pangs. Have foods like coconuts, avocados, nuts and seeds. These foods have high amounts of nutrients which are quire calorific. These fats are healthy for our system. They help to meet our hunger effectively. Smoothies and salads are great way to satisfy hunger pangs.
• Include a lot of leafy vegetables to your diet: leafy vegetables are of great help when you are on a weight loss plan. They have very low calories. They contain high nutritional value. You can combine these with salads and smoothies to fill up your stomach.
• Your body needs a lot of fluids: it is well known that fluids help you with dehydration. Not only that, they also fill up your stomach. When you are on a normal diet, you must drink eight glasses of water every day. But if you are on a special raw food diet, your body requires more amounts of fluid. Your body receives a lot of fiber when you are on a raw food diet. This fiber soaks a lot of water. You need to restore to your body the water that it loses. Some important fluids that you may include in your diet include herbal tea, water, and fresh juices. These are good for your body because they do not contain preservatives and other artificial materials.
• You should be able to resist temptations: this is a real challenge which you must achieve. Always resist temptations of eating when you are on a weight loss plan. Otherwise there are high chances that this weight loss plan will fail.