Rosacea, a chronic skin condition is common among millions of North Americans. The symptoms are mostly observed in the fair skinned women aged between 30 and 60. This skin disorder should not be confused with acne as it appears as pink and red blotches in the central region of the face. It is a harmless skin disorder unless they spread to the eyes. No specific medicine is required for its treatment. Some topical applications are usually used to reduce the inflammation and redness.
Commonly observed symptoms of this skin condition are
1. Appearance of redness in particular areas of face, which increases on blushing. The red patches sometimes extend to the ears.
2. Small red blisters and protuberances appear on the cheeks, nose, fore head and chin.
3. Reddish small blood vessels appear on the face.
In some cases, Rosacea also results in red and bulbous nose called Rhinophyma. Ocular Rosacea may also cause burning sensation in the eyes.
Unfortunately, there is no specific cause for this disease, but some factors that may contribute to a great extent for the flare up of Rosacea may be
1. Genetic factors
2. Over exposure to sunlight
3. Some bacterial infection of stomach ulcers
4. Gastrointestinal disorders
5. Too much emotional stress
7. Changes in the weather conditions
8. Consumption of spicy foods
Home Remedies for Rosacea
Some proven home remedies help to control Rosacea to a great extent.
1. Apple cider vinegar is widely used in treating this condition. Adding a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drinking it twice a day helps in reducing the symptoms.
2. Hot water aggravates the condition. So hot tea, coffee and other hot beverages must be avoided.
3. Luke warm water should be used for hot baths and shower. Face must also be washed with cold or lukewarm water.
4. Diet consisting of acidic food items worsens the condition. Avoid taking Citrus fruits and include alkaline food items like carrots, spinach, salads, soups, fruits with low sugar content and food rich in omega fatty acids.
5. Drink plenty of water about 2-3 liters per day.
6. Use alcohol free and gentle face cleansers to prevent the flare up of Rosacea.
7. A few Chamomile flowers are boiled in water for 10 minutes and strained. The liquid is bottled and stored in the refrigerator. This cooled liquid is used as an effective face wash, which reduces the redness.
8. Application of Tea tree oil is another effective home remedy to reduce the symptoms of Rosacea. It is advised to avoid using face make ups while the treatment with tea tree oil is on.
Read more Home Remedies for Rosacea. Also know about Weak Eyesight supplements. Read information about herbal Liver Support Supplements.