Spring is here and for many people, this means it’s time for Spring cleaning. Are you ready to clear that clutter from your home or does the thought of cleaning make you nervous and frustrated? Some people find the time of spring cleaning joyous and refreshing whereas others would prefer to not have to deal with it at all. No matter which type of person you are, we have some tips and hints that will make it easier for you to get your house – inside and out- clean for spring!
1. Take it small- You don’t have to do all of your spring cleaning in one weekend. You can tackle this one small task at a time and do it over the course of several weeks even if you choose. You can take it one room or one area of your home at a time until you’ve finished everything you’d like to do.
2. Make a list- Start your spring cleaning with a detailed list of all the things you’d like to do. Start with one room or area of your home at a time and write down what you’d like to achieve in that room. Then you can reach your goals one at a time and it’s much less overwhelming.
3. Give it away- Consider giving away things that you don’t really need or want anymore to make space in your home and help clean out the clutter. There are many organizations that will even come to your home to pick up donations and furniture or you can consider having a “free yard sale”.
4. Reorganize- One important step of spring cleaning is learning to clear out the clutter and put things back in an organized way. You can try new shelves, containers and storage units to help you get your home reorganized.
5. Ask for help- Don’t be afraid to ask other people who live in the home to help you with spring cleaning tasks. When everyone pitches in together, it makes it all go smoothly and easier. You should also be sure to ask for help with things that may be too large or too difficult for you to do alone.
6. Make it a party- Try taking a day when all family members will be home and having a cleaning party. Cook up some snacks for eating and bring out some favorite music tunes. Then start to complete the things on your cleaning lists together. It’s a great way to spend time together and get your cleaning done.
These spring cleaning tips and hints will help you tackle the task of cleaning out your home, garage and outside your home for the new spring season. Remember the difference it can make to clean your windows, lighten up your window coverings and to clear away the front door to make your entryway more welcoming.