These days, a number of people rave about the quality pure water a Reverse osmosis dispenser provides. In fact, there are lots of consumers on a daily basis want to invest thousands on complete home units. As these consumers believe that they will provide the best quality water at an economical price. Unfortunately, it is not true. As a result, many people waste large amounts of money while being mislead.
– The TFC style membranes become compromised by oxidation, therefore needing pre filtration with carbon style filters to effectively eliminate chlorine, which then destroys the TFC membranes. So they tend become self-defeating devices.
– Areas with hard water and low or inconsistent high pressure – do not have the ability to be effective. These devices require a high level of pressure to effectively contend with large levels of metals and salts to deliver healthy/pure results.
– The systems are only designed to block large particles and organic chemicals. Though, these days many harmful chemicals – such as prescription drugs, paint thinners etc. – and bacteria are small and can leak through membranes.
– Household units waste a lot of water. In order to receive 5 gallons of water in the outcome of the process, forty to ninety gallons are wasted. Not only is this wasteful from an environmental perspective, it is very expensive if consumers are paying per unit for water.
– The newer units with a pre filter system to catch more chemicals utilizing less hydraulic energy – needs to pass through 2 stages, to then again be pressurized, which greatly increases the energy necessary to perform. This greatly adds to costs.
– The (AMA) American Medical Association, have conducted laboratory tests many years ago regarding reverse osmosis water dispenser systems and “reverse osmosis was found to be CONCENTRATING the dangerous heavy metals mercury and aluminium”. It is well known that mercury and metals have been clearly linked to an array of neurological disorders. It makes one wonder how so many units are sold on a daily basis.
Understandably, there are savvy businessmen and sale people who give a great pitch. Though, with medical findings such as the above – hopefully more consumers can be informed of what they are actually purchasing. The units are often very pricey. Proper research and education is greatly necessary when searching for pure water devices. Choosing units to raise quality of health is the ultimate goal, yet taking steps to learn and compare items will be time well spent, especially considering risks of health and thousands of dollars essentially wasted.