Reverse osmosis filters are the most cost effective way of purifying household water. Instead of constantly spending money on bottled water, use the money that you would have spent on bottled water and invest in reverse osmosis water filter. You will not only get cleaner, purer water, but you will help us fight global warming by reducing the production of plastic water bottles.
How does it work?
Reverse osmosis is a separation process that uses pressure to force the water through a membrane that retains the impurities on one side and allows the pure solvent to pass to the other side. The membranes used have a dense barrier layer in the polymer matrix where most separation occurs. In most cases the membrane is designed to allow only water to pass through this dense layer while preventing the passage of solutes (such as salt ions). This process requires that a high pressure be exerted on the high concentration side of the membrane, usually 30-250 psi for fresh and brackish water.
The NeutralExistence reverse osmosis system includes the following 5 stages:
1. (Stage 1) 5 Micron Sediment water Filter: With only five micron rating. It is effective in removing dirt, rust and sand particles.
2. (Stage 2) Granular Activated Carbon water Filter: It takes out 99% of the chlorine and organic chemicals. It provides enhanced reduction of taste, odor, and color.
3. (Stage 3) 1 Micron Sediment water Filter: With only 1 micron rating, provides effective filtration to protect your membrane. It provides for improved membrane performance up to 95% of TDS rejection.
4. (Stage 4) The Membrane: A thin film composite (TFC) high quality membrane that processes 50 gallons per day. It removes the following hard water contaminants that may be present in your water: lead, cooper, barium, chromium, mercury, sodium, cadmium, fluoride, nitrite, nitrate, and selenium.
5. (Stage 5) Post Carbon water filter: This carbon post filter removes objectionable tastes and odors to enhance the quality of your drinking water. This reverse osmosis system uses NSF approved post carbon to guarantee the taste of water.
Reverse osmosis has been found to be a very good water purification method. It is inexpensive and very effective. It is worth the buy.