Memory means a person’s ability of intelligence and mind to retain information, recollect and stores the information. Researchers said that brain keeps various aspects of memory in the different places and these aspects are directly connected with the brain. Memory is the utility and function which is directly related to the brain. Long term and short term are both depend on the brain.
Read more on Boost Memory and Memory Loss Treatment and Home Remedies for Mental retardation
Causes of Memory Loss
1. Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
2. Brain Tumor
3. Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
6. Drug Abuse
8. Human Immunodeficiency Virus
Memory loss exercises
Exercises play vital role to increase the memory as well as it also provide energy to both body and mind. There are few brain exercises and physical exercises which help to increase your memory. These exercises are completely harmless to the body. It also improves the flow of blood circulation.
Memory Loss Treatment
Following are the few tips for treatment of memory loss.
1. Try to consumer foods that enhance memory such as blueberries, spinach, onions, broccoli, red beets, grapes, eggplant, collard greens, kale, cabbage, and plum.
2. Take 3 mg of Vitamin B1 regularly. Vitamin B1 helps to improve mental function in patients with Alzheimer’s.
3. A stressful lifestyle is also known to be responsible for memory loss. Join art of living classes to live your life happily and stress-free.
4. Prepare a decoction of holy basil leaves and drink it once it cools. If you are suffering from amnesia, you can eat these leaves after washing them properly.
5. Increase the intake of Vitamin A to help with brain strength, including memory. It is necessary to maintain your body’s balance of vitamins and minerals in order to establish proper coordination between different bodily functions.
Foods to Improve Memory and Brain Power
1. Milk = Vitamin B6: 5%, Vitamin B12: 15%, Calcium: 28%, Magnesium: 6.5%, Potassium: 11%
2. Spinach = Vitamin B6: 11%, Vitamin E: 5%, Folate: 33%, Calcium: 12%, Magnesium: 20%, Potassium: 12%. Others foods sthat are rich in anthocyanins, formidable antioxidants are blueberries, strawberries, jambu fruit (jamun)
3. Black-eyed beans (peas) = Vitamin B6: 3%, Folate: 26%, Calcium: 11%, Magnesium: 11%, Potassium: 10%
4. Acorn squash = Vitamin B6 : 12, Folate: 6%, Calcium: 6%, Magnesium: 13%, Potassium:16%,
5. Pink salmon = Vitamin B6 : 13, Vitamin B12: 62%, Vitamin E: 6%, Calcium: 18%, Magnesium: 7%, Potassium: 8%,
6. Kidney beans = Vitamin B6 : 6%, Folate: 29%, Calcium: 3%, Magnesium: 10%, Potassium: 10%,
7. Orange juice, calcium-fortified (3/4 cup) = Vitamin B6 :5%, Vitamin C: 103%, Folate: 8%, Calcium: 23%, Magnesium : 5%, Potassium: 11%
Home Remedies for Weak Eyesight
1. Chewing 7-8 almonds daily can improve memory.
2. Soak seven almonds in water overnight. Remove the skin and boil it with a glass of milk. Drink the milk daily.
3. Drink a mixture of 1 teaspoon honey and 1/8 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon every night regularly.
4. Eat a mixture of 1/2teaspoon black cumin powder in some honey. Eat daily 2 times.
5. Eat a mixture of 1 teaspoon of amla root powder and 1 teaspoon of white sesame seed powder in 1 teaspoon honey for a few days.
6. Eat a teaspoon of chavanprash in the morning every day.
7. Natural foods such as seeds and grains and Omega 3 & 6 oils are good for brain and memory improvement.